Creating a World

Friday, November 10, 2006

Mr. Ferreira's turn to post


Feeling Outraged

I have so much to say, my mind is a bloody mess, only confusions, uncertainties, I feel mad at everything and everyone, I hope this just because of I am a teeny
I love my country, Portugal, because I am proud of Portugal, but honestly sometimes, when I come to think I notice that I live in a stupid country.
The typical and average Portuguese demands that the national team of all sports wins, basketball, handball, volleyball, soccer, all the sports ! But the Portuguese don’t remember, that the only sport that is supported by everyone. That sport where 22 players run after a ball is the only sport that is financially and social supported.
Honestly … it is rare to see publicity to a basketball game … and … do any of us see news about basketball on TV? And in sport newspapers basketball only has the right to one page and even that is shared with all the other sports. And soccer? You ask.
80 pages more or less.
But there’s more.
When soccer stadiums values are worth millions and millions, in basketball there are people who practice in not very good conditions. And with this the Portuguese want the national team of the other sports to win everyone.
Why doesn’t Portugal support the other sports, different ones? Why are Portuguese (like me) addicted to stupid sports like soccer, or , worse than that, to wrestling ?
Grow up Portugal

Please comment.

7 Comments:

  • At November 10, 2006 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It really is a shame that football gets all the support when the Portuguese are good at other less publicized sports, like athletics or hockey! Mentalities must change!

     
  • At November 11, 2006 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is true...
    I agree with you... Because basketball is better and more interesting than soccer...
    I hope that change...


    kiss

     
  • At November 11, 2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honestly I just see footbal matches!But I agree with you!Footbal is an epidemy and makes everyone crazy!When we are in the World or European Cup everyone loves Portugal, everyone sais:
    -We are the best!!!
    But after we just say:
    -We aren´t good!
    And honestly, I agree with that.
    A country where politics forget th misery just to have plains,where the only reason to "live" is football cam´t be good!!!
    Sorry but that is my opinion.

     
  • At November 11, 2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honestly I just see footbal matches!But I agree with you!Footbal is an epidemy and makes everyone crazy!When we are in the World or European Cup everyone loves Portugal, everyone sais:
    -We are the best!!!
    But after we just say:
    -We aren´t good!
    And honestly, I agree with that.
    A country where politics forget th misery just to have plains,where the only reason to "live" is football cam´t be good!!!
    Sorry but that is my opinion.

     
  • At November 15, 2006 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is a lie ,because football is better than basketball i think so but basketball must be more intereting but honestly i have never seen basketball matches

     
  • At November 18, 2006 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think that football is more interesting than basketball, because i training football but there are opinions diferents...

     
  • At November 30, 2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    seriouly...i see basketball matches...but not everyday...

    i agree with you...i think that soccer couldn't be the only sport to benefit of the government...i think that was a stupid thing...

    well...i'll go...

    cya*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

referer referrer referers referrers http_referer